1. The purchaser shall pay imediately after receiving the invoice of the hammer price, in €, together with a premium of 25 %, eventually plus the resale tax, if applicable: 4 % for hammer prices from € 2000 on, only for original art and if the author died less than 70 years ago.
2. The auction follows the order indicated by the catalogue. The biddings start at about 80 % of the lowest estimate and each bid must be +/‐ 10% higher than the previous one. In case of a dispute the lot will be called again.
3. The auctioneer has the right to refuse a bid, and this without further explanation.
4. Each buyer by making a bid acknowledges the conditions of sale and the fact that he has inspected the purchased item.
5. The auctioneer has the right to split a lot or join several lots.
6. Lots with two or more titles, series or periodicals, or lots with a mention “n.c.” and "sold w.a.f.’’ are not collated and cannot be returned.
7. Each buyer is supposed to buy for his own account and cannot claim any commission. Each bidder should inspect the lots during the exhibition. Under no circumstances can an item, once sold, be returned. For lots bought via a bidding order remarks or complaints, also concerning the authenticity of the items, should be formulated within 2 weeks after the auction. After that delay no item can be returned.
8. In case purchasers are prevented from attending the sale personally, the auctioneer will execute their bids in €, without extra charge (except the premium). Bidding orders must reach the auctioneer at least 24 hours before the sale. In the event of identical bids, the earliest received will take precedence. Bidding by telephone will only be accepted for items with minimum estimate higher than € 250. Reservation of a telephone line must be made at least 2 days before the auction. The auctioneer cannot be held responsible for any problem due to difficulties with telephone connections.
9. Bidders unknown to the auctioneer, can be asked to submit credentials and/or a guarantee.
10. Lots purchased will not be delivered to the buyer until he has made payment in full of the total amount due.
11. Extra costs for packaging, payment, insurance and/or mailing are at the buyer's expense. Packing and handling is at the entire risk of the buyer. The auctioneer is not responsible for any accidents or faults or omissions by the postal or carrier services.
12. All items must be paid in full within two weeks after receipt of the invoice. The auctioneer is not responsible for the lots if they are not paid picked up or mailed within the prescribed period.
13. If a lot is not paid in full within 2 weeks, the auctioneer can charge an interest at 12 % per year. If full payment has not been made after one month, the auctioneer can rescind the sale of the lot(s) at any other auction. All charges being at the expense of the defaulting buyer.
14. Moreover, all conditions, as stated above in Dutch are valid.
ROMANTIC AGONY bvba Aquaducstraat 40 rue de l’Aqueduc Brussel B-1060 Bruxelles
VAT-TVA BE 462 678 914 tel +32 2544 1055 email@example.com